Marketgeometry

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday Trade Review 10/17/2007

For some reason, I can't upload charts to my blog today. I tried to get long the YM futures. The gap up convinced me that market may go on a tear. I was hoping for a pull back and I got it. I bought at 14045 on the test of the last morning low. Bought again in the 14020's and sold in the 14030's to keep a couple of points. Bought another contract at 14020 and was looking to add at 14000. By the time we got to 14000, I did not like market action. I got stopped out at 13995 after watching the action there.
-
I switched to sell mode and missed the first YM breakdown because I was playing with stocks. I sold the second breakdown but by then the market was too oversold to fall. I got stopped with a small gain.
-
I did screw around with a couple of stocks but my head was not in the right place after my losses in the YM. I need to look at them as separate things like I do with my trading account verses my retirement funds.
-
I also started a 1/2 swing position in XHB.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +41 net +25 shares traded 2960
Stock Futures: gross -265 net -325 contract traded 12
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: