Marketgeometry

Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Morning Thoughts 10/19/2007

It is amazing on how things change. When I first moved to Central New Jersey, Rutgers football team was a joke. The stadium held, I think, 32,000 and very seldom was it ever more than 1/2 full. One year for some reason, they got a Thursday night game that was on national TV. They gave tons of tickets away to get the fans in the seats. Still the stadium was only 2/3 full. Go forward a half dozen years and the program was been totally changed. Rutgers is a good team. They had to expand the stadium to hold 12,000 more. There is a waiting list of 10,000 for tickets now.
-
Last night, Rutgers had a home game at 7:30. In this area, it was total gridlock for about 3 hours. After the market closed, I go work out. It takes me 20 minutes to get there. Last night even thou I do not get anywhere near the stadium, it took me nearly an hour.
-
It was a great game and I saw parts at the club and listen until half time on my car radio. I get home and somebody (the wife) wanted to have quality time together and watch ER. Once ER was done - I forgot to watch the final minutes of the game. I was thinking Rutgers was going to get killed by the number two team in the nation anyway. I wake up this morning to find out Rutgers won 30-27 and it was one of the best college games of the year to watch. Dumb.
-
I look at the chart this morning and it is weird. The ES(SP500) and YM(Dow) futures are going from the top left hand corner to the lower right hand corner but the NQ (Nasdaq) is going from the lower left hand corner to the upper right had corner. Weird. Again the NQ is up today and the others are down.
-
I posted my thoughts on OIL, EURO and GOLD on the Trading Goddess website. Check it out.

1 comment:

lawrence said...

Just my 2cents thoughts, Technology sector has been into rotation. Energy sector, Gold too. So it is not surprise to see that the nasdaq is doing pretty well recently. Google pre market open is as high as 660 but in the end still being drag down by the whole market and back to 645. If the steam from the Nasdaq is out...

The market is for anybody to guess. Anyway have a nice weekend =)