Marketgeometry

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Some charts 10/21/2007


Small Cap Index - Did not make a new high this last push and now is below its 200 day moving average - very bearish. Not what you want to see.


Mid Cap Index- Not much better then the Small Cap Index except it is not lower than its 200 day moving average (close).



SP500 Index - Very quickly it finds itself in major support area. If it declines much more - it will be very bearish.


Dow - Just holding up a hair better than the SP500. Needs to start finding a foothold here or it will be bearish soon.
QQQQs - Very strong - looks like just a plain old mini correction in the index so far. No big deal.


Emerging Markets - God I wish I had all my money there. At one point in my 401k, I had about 60% there. Over the last year, I have reduced that to about 25%. Trying not to be a pig.

China- What is there to say, it is just Insane.
-
The circles on the charts are where the 50 and 200 day moving averages are. You can click on the chart to make it more readable.
-
So depending where you like to invest, either this correction so far is no big deal or you could be in a world of hurt. In my investments, I usually have a little of everything but maybe a big piece in one place. It is always good to look at what are the winners and losers in this market and balance yourself correctly.
-
A couple of years ago, the Small and Mid Cap stocks were the place to be - no longer.

No comments: