Marketgeometry

Friday, October 5, 2007

AM Friday Trade Review 10/04/2007

A lot of frustration here- I had the right stocks at the right time but my execution left my with a loss overall. Lets go to the charts.


This was a Big Mouth Stock. I jumped on to it too quickly. I was going to use the scale in method for all of the Big Mouth stocks but I got to excited then I quickly panicked. I bought a half position right on the open when I should have used the scale orders shown in RED. The scale orders would have given me a cost of 26 on a 1000 shares where my last short order would have not gotten filled. If I would have sat on my hands during the sideways motion around 25.80 I could have covered the short in the 25.40 area for a nice gain. Once a Big Mouth Stock finds a bottom, it makes for a good buy if the market is strong as like today - crap.


Another Big Mouth stock with the orders in red I should have placed but didn't. Not as good of a result as STAR above, but still a very good trade - crap again.

Cat - I was buying a small lot looking to double it on a break out. Instead I moved my stop too close too fast mainly because my head was still f-ed up from my first trade - crap again.

MT called out to buy new highs in the Indexes. The 3 other major ones were breaking out so I went long the YM. Again the market stalled for a few minutes and I just got out with honoring my stop that was 10 points lower. I could have took 20 or 30 points out of this easily - crap again.

While I was playing with CAT and YM, my favorite steel AKS had soon great buy signals - crap again.

Seeing I was late to the game in the steels, I saw RIO setting up on another buy signal. I did not stay around long enough to benefit - crap again.
-
Some really good trades there with not a lot of heat if the orders were placed on how I know they should be.
-
All I got out of it was a bunch of crap. My results - down 300 and I think I should be up about 1000-1500 maybe more. I panic too quickly and do not follow my plans.




No comments: