Marketgeometry

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Trader Review 10/11/2007


It was a good day. I will be pissed at myself for not being more aggressive. I will learn. There was blood out there and I should have been feeding like a Vampire at the Red Cross.
-
I was making many trades today - a lot of them in my retirement accounts. The two above were stock futures in my day trading account. To many times I am to aggressive in my profit taking instead of my order entry. Need to work on that but I had a good day.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +70 net +59 shares traded 2000
Stocks Futures: Gross +335 Net +315 contracts traded 8
Other futures: none
Forex: none
-
Whenever I post numbers on this blog - it is only for my day trading account which may be a swing trade from time to time. Never are there any of my other accounts numbers inculded here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






I do not talk much about my retirement accounts but that is where I kicked butt today. I wanted to get short into the morning ramp and I did. I bought a bunch of QID's and I sold them beautifully on the first break of the market. I tried to reload on them but missed. I think I will get a shot to do that tomorrow.
-
Also in 3 other long term accounts, I had the XHB swing trade where I pulled out 4% in two days. It worked out very well.
-
In this most recent ramp of the market, I have been pulling money out of retirement mutual funds and putting it into cash. If we get a really good market pull back, I will again place it back into the market.

No comments: