Marketgeometry

Friday, August 31, 2007

How to piss a Day Trader Off 8/31/2007

The names and places have been changed to protect the innocent (but I am Bob):

Mike: How's the trading going today?

Bob: I made a couple of hundred in AKS and YM.

Mike: What is AKS's name and what do they do? (he finds a piece a paper to write on)

Bob: I don't know their name and I think they are some type of Steel company.

Mike: You DON'T know their name? So what is their P/E?

Bob: Mike - I am a Daytrader. I do not care about P/E's most of the time.

Mike: How can you not know the P/E and still invest in a company?

Bob: I am a daytrader - Mike, a daytrader. I only held the stock for 15 minutes.

Mike: I still don't know how you don't know the P/E. What does YM do?

Bob: Mike - YM is the Dow Jones futures.

Mike: But I thought the Dow only had Diamonds or something on it?

Bob: (now getting irritated) Never mind Mike.....

Mike: Bob - how does the chart look of XYZ?

Bob: The chart sucks Mike, I am sorry to say.

Mike: Well I am an investor. I bought it in 1997 and I don't care what the charts says. I believe this company will make a ton of money for me one day.

Bob: (just shakes his head knowing Mike was up 400% at one point in 2000 and is now down 70%) So Mike, what is the P/E of XYZ?

Mike: I do not know. I need to look that up one of these days.

Bob: (now is hitting his head on the wall)

Mike: Maybe you shouldn't be daytrading Bob. It looks like you are a little stressed there. Maybe at least you should do a little investing or try decaf.

Bob: AGGGHHHH (as he runs out of the room)

Mike yells: Maybe we can watch Cramer later?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Join Emerging Growth Alert Newsletter

Receive stock alerts profiling stocks about to move or already in motion. Our alerts are sent in time for you to research, investigate and make a decision about whether this opportunity is right for you.You will not be bombarded with junk mail. There is ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION, and the service is entirely FREE.

http://stocksrus.wordpress.com