Marketgeometry

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stupid, Plain and Simple 8/14/2008

Below are a bunch of examples where I just did not pull the trigger. Recently, I have had one problem after another finding trades. Today, the trading Gods gave me a bunch and that they were all my ideas too. What did I do? I sat on my f-ing hands. Usually I pull the trigger on one of three trades I see. Today - none. I do not understand my head right now.

Examples 1 & 2 - it looked like to me the markets may have a brief moment in the sun today and then go down. The YM futures looked like the perfect one to short using the morning high as a stop. The later, I heard the news about the MM fund and thought - sell them. Again a nice move in the right direction.


Example 3 - AGU just looked like it wanted to roll over with the market. My thought process was right on target.


Example 4- Same crap different stock. Another one looking to fall after both had nice bounce trades from their lows. Right again.


Examples 5, 6, 7 - ouch ouch ouch . My favorite long. It would have been hard to break even on these but it might have happened.

Example 8 - A big mouth stock. Sell them on the open pop and this would have been stopped out unless I felt I could have a big stop because of other positive trades.
Example 9 - A big mouth stock. Hit it on the open and count the money. Right again.
Example 10 - A big mouth stock. Hit it on the open and take some 10 cent heat and then get to count your money. Right again - big time.
-
Their you have it. What should have been a couple of really good hours of trading. I would guess 6 wins, 2 losses and 2 break evens.
-
And here are my numbers:
Stock: no trades
Stock Futures: no trades
Forex: no trades (but I nearly went long the GBP/USD and that would have been for a loss)

No comments: