Marketgeometry

Saturday, August 4, 2007

July results 8/4/2007

After feeling like I turned a corner i n June, I feel like I turned back. The net for the month was -387.64. I calculated by using everything - net all stock, futures and forex trades minus commissions plus interest minus data fees. I like to look at my trades with and without the commissions in them. My two accounts have much different fee structures.
-
Some stats - over all 33-18 with stocks being 22-14, futures being 11-3 and one big losing trade in forex 0-1. My average gain was $65 and average loss has $126 which is where the problem is. In June, my average gain was twice the average loss but that reversed this month.
-
I started focusing on index future tradings. I think you need to do that with market going crazy. I hope to add a few regular future trades in the near term (Beans in the Teens). I think my trading going forward will be the index futures for overall market ideas, short Big Mouth stocks when I can, maybe throw in a x-trade or two, and if the forex presents an opp take it.
-
I started the month in a hole and spent most the month trying to get out of it. This month is off to a good start so far.
-
Question for my viewing public - would anyone like me to post my complete spread sheet of results? and would it mean anything to anyone other than being curious?

1 comment:

Dinosaur Trader said...

Denarii,

If it gets you thinking about the trades more then you should post them! Post them if you think it will help you.

-DT