Marketgeometry

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My day sucked - period 8/28/2007


I did not lose much money but I could scream. Other than I did not trade well, everything wanted to go wrong. First I was watching a trade for about 15 minutes and was ready to hit the bid with a short order, my wife IM's me and the IM screen appears over my order screen. By the time I move it the trade is gone. I need to remember to open my IM's from people I think I will talk with and then move them where they will not interfere. Then I was putting some tools away, cleaning up my desk, when I trip and hit my face on some hanging stuff. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to bend my glasses back in shape. Then I tried to download a file on to one of my PC's which killed it. I had to run scans and clean up crap being concerned maybe I downloaded something bad. That kill some time. And finally the lawn care crew came out and cut the grass. I do not understand but the Internet cut out about a dozen times while I could hear them. I could scream. I should have just got a book and read.
-
The chart up there shows some of my traded today. At point 1, it where I waited until a big bidding would disappear at the 52.00. Just as the time the buyer just was leaving, my wife's IM screen appeared. Another big buy on the bid was at 51.75. I was looking for the same type of trade. That is point 2. I had the order ready, just had to hit the button but the market started rallying so I went to hit the cancel and instead hit entered. Filled. I added to my mistake when I thought maybe this mistake would work. No luck and I covered for a 24 cent loss. At point 3, I saw that big buyer again at 51.75. I was thinking the same trade again. The buyer was finished. We tick to 51.73 and started moving up. I got out with a 5 cent loss. Then at point 4, I went long after the lows were taken out but then NUE started going higher. I got stopped for a 5 cent gain.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -113.50 net -133.50 share traded 4400

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the same kind of day, it was a power outage here and then having to change computers in the middle of a day with a lot of movement in the market.

There's always tomorrow, and the possibility of a little bounce to play.

Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

First time to your site, courtesy of TG's blog. I'm an "investor", but am always curious and eager to learn all I can. Best of luck on your "transition", *s*.

jan (pleasemayi in TG's chatroom)