Marketgeometry

Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Trade Review 8/24/2007


This was a big month trade. It popped up nearly two points in after hours last night and the same in premarket. I was hoping to get short around 32.00 when it popped just before the open. I could only get 200 shares off. After the open and the stock falling below 32.00, I moved my stop to 32.15 to lock in some profits and two seconds later, I was stopped. I should have been selling more there.

The second trade here is were I saw the chemicals beginning to move so you buy one of the laggards. I got out too fast. Crap.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: Gross + 102 net +95 shares traded 1400
Stock futures: none
Forex: none

3 comments:

Jade Money said...

Hey wasn't this the Cramer pump last night. Oh...yeah the Cramer affect. I would agree on the move. I don't do shorts but if I did that would be a place to start.

I kind of cringed when JC mentioned EMC last night too. I liked it last week and was already in. Now I don't want any Cramer affects to take away from my gains.

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just came upon your blog from Trading Goddess's blog. Good stuff! I will definitely add you to my RSS!

Good luck on your journey!

-Terra
www.BetterForBusiness.Com

Denarii said...

Yes Jade - it is a Crammer pump. Whenever you se on my blog - big mouth stock - that is what they are. I love trying to short them. I will at some point write on TG my method of madness for them. Terra - thanks