Marketgeometry

Monday, August 6, 2007

Where the hell did that train come from - 8/6/2007


One of the frustrating things in my trading life is not knowing if I will be around when a major turn happens. After not getting a big melt down this morning MT and his chat room was looking for a bottom. If you look at the chart above, a near perfect triangle was being formed where the volume of the retest was a lot lower than the first spike down. A beautiful pattern and the lows were just being taken out in a way that kept most people nervous.
-
As I stated, I just felt like screaming because the turn looked like it was going to happen and I had other things I needed to do. And boy what a turn in the market it was. The last few days for me is like being in the middle of a super highway. You look one direction and you see cars fly by going down. You turn around and see cars flying by going up.
-
My trading was ok. I chicken out of one order and missed two other by a couple of ticks. That would have turn an okay day into a great day.
-
I am cutting this short because I just got my 4th 24 inch monitor and I need to get it ready for the morning. I am also in the process of moving my TD account to Trade Station. TD frustrates my newer trading style too much. Time to make a change.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: none (but all of big Mouths stocks would have worked out going short than long - damn)
Stock futures: Gross $240 net $222 contract traded 8
Forex: none (it still pisses me off missing the EURO on Friday)

No comments: