Marketgeometry

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pissed Part 2 6/21/2007





This should have been a banner day for me. I should have been the top dog in the VO today. I made one stupid mistake and it snowballed into a small loss day. As I said in my previous post, I have been doing on the open limit orders on my TD account to start a position and then use my IB account to add or fill a position. Today for some moron reason I entered the orders on my TD as premarket/day orders. I gone hurt a while back doing this and said I would never do that again. During the last few days, I have missed preopen spikes in some stocks, so being greedy I decided to break the rule. I paid for it in spades.
-
I found myself in a bad hole really fast when I missed judge the spikes. I went into save my ass mode because the spikes where too quick to place stop loss orders in. TD has where you can place an order and a stop at the same time but it is a pain in the ass to use.
-
So instead of getting filled at 40.15 in BAM I was filled at 39.65 and for VGR I was filled at 20.80 instead of 21.25. Quickly I was down 50 cents on each so the first stupid things I did was to cancel my short order in DYN which would have been a nice trade. Then the next stupid thing was I did not add to my position even thou the trade still looked valid. The third thing I did that was stupid was to try to get out at even on the trades. BAM dropped to my break even point. I got out not even looking at the chart. BAM went on to drop another 75 cents. VGR did not give me a chance to get out even. The last stupid things I did was to let this effect me all day long where my trading was useless.
-
The numbers Gross -70 net -152 share trade 4400

1 comment:

dl099sug said...

Forex trading from your home pc, part time or full time!

Easy to learn and you can start trading with only $200!

We provide step-by-step training with colored descriptive screenshots.

TRADING IS THE *GREATEST* GAME IN THE WORLD!

It can give you the greatest sense of satisfaction and control over your own life and future!

Let the Day Trade Forex Team get you started today!

Since 2003, we are the forex training leaders on the net!

Fill out the form NOW to get more information!
http://www.daytradeforex.com/products.htm