Marketgeometry

Monday, June 25, 2007

I just did it (at least for one trade) 6/25/2007



My two panned trades are the charts above. It brings tears to my eyes when I make a trade as good as I did today. Sometimes I feel like I can walk on water (I know - very thin water in the middle of the winter somewhere in Minnesota - lol). Today I hit one. I have concluded the best way to try to get into a trade is using my IB account to maybe take advantage of the premarket pop and use my TD account to get into on the opening pop. I then if possible would go back to my IB account to add or fill out the position. This may sound crazy but it works for me. I would leg in at three points and leg out in two. This is really setup so I can sat on a winner trade longer. I have yet endured a losing trade with this method.
-
Anyway - I caught the premarket pop top by a nickle and got top tick for the open pop. I was able to cover half as it fell and did not cover the other half until the stock gave me reason to. This was all in shorting OMTR. The other planned trade, I did not judge the pop well and could not get the trade off even thou I tried - GIVN.
-
In both cases, it was stupid not to turn around and go long as I have said to do so many times.
-
I then spent the day missing 6 buys signals on my favorite steel (AKS) and was not successful at anything else. But again this shows you, if you can have one good winner, it can make your day. Unfortunately if I had completely follow the plan, it could have been a great day. I am getting closer.
-
The numbers - Gross +629 net +597.84 shared traded 2800 - now if I could get these numbers to net +2000 and shared traded to 10,000 I would be really happy.

No comments: