Marketgeometry

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Buzz Saw 6/14/2007





The big Mouth recommended a couple of Chinese stocks. I was licking my chops thinking each would have a good pop at the open and it would be easy, er I mean fast money. Instead I ran into a buzz saw. I was looking to short FMCN at 45.75 so I had orders in at 45.60, 45.75 and I should have had one in at 45.90. I got filled. I had a half position order in on CEO at 106.25 and was filled at 106.28. An order at 31.25 on SSW and an order at 48.30 on CHL. I knew in a heart beat something was just not right so instead of waiting around, I cancelled the two unfilled orders and started working the others. I should have sat on the FMCN because it had signs of working but with the market running up I did not want to push it. I got got out at 45.57 for a small gain. I nearly got my CEO order killed before it got filled. Sometimes my guts just say "Get me out of here". I held CEO for a couple of minutes but saw so many stocks running, I took a quick loss instead of adding another part. So when I saw my plan not working I did not stick around. I should have lost about $750 if I just stuck it out, even more if I did not keep my stops. Bottom line - I walk away from this mess with a $47 gain.
-
After that I tried getting into the steels with no luck and missed a great trade in CLWR that was calling out in the DehTrader chat room. Then worked called.
-
The numbers - gross +59 net +47 shares traded 2400

No comments: