Marketgeometry

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Holy Sh#t 6/19/2007





There was no reason for me to be trading today (yesterday). I was prepping for a Colonoscopy so I was running (which I did a little of) the risk of not being at my terminal when I should be. I traded anyway.
-
I was looking to short ACI, CNX, BTU, LNET and YHOO. I wanted to play with YHOO in the premarket but never saw a setup I liked. The other I was going to wait until the open. Only ACI popped enough on the open to where I got filled but I acted fast enough where I was able to get filled in BTU and CNX before they started falling too fast. LNET was a lost cause. I should have started a position much higher in premarket. I was very good in sitting on my hands and not taking my profit until the market gave me reason to. On the first rally of each stock, I covered my shorts. I should have held on to ACI a little longer by I got 85 cents out of it. I am pissed at myself for not being aggressive enough to put on full positions. I had only 300 ACI, 500 BTU and 500 CNX with none in LNET. I wanted to be short 1000 on all four.
-
All in all this was my best trading day in months and only 4 trades. I lost a couple of bucks going long AKS. I just wish I had the full positions on or it would have made my month.
-
The numbers - Gross +819.50 Net +768.47 and shares traded 3600.
-
Excuse me I have to post this now - nature is calling again.

No comments: