Marketgeometry

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Friday 6/22/2007


A late post because nothing really happened on Friday. I found the volume dried up very quickly on the stocks I was playing and I did not think I could game the rebalancing. DT did a nice job on that. The steel stock MT had some news that did not look that bad to me so I was trying to find and entry point in the premarket and did not. Near the open my only planned trade looked not to be working so I started watching my favorite steels. I saw my favorite steel AKS with a really low bid of 36. I placed a bid at 36.20 then the bid popped to 36.25. I placed another bid at 36.30 and the bid to 36.40. I decided not to play games. Just before the open, the ask down to 36.50 so I thought I had a chance. I placed an order at 36.30 hoping to get filled. The stock started trading with a wide spread around 36.40 to 36.60. I move my order to 36.38 and even thou the stock again traded at 36.35 I did not get filled. I could give you the blow by blow of every tick but this is how my trades were going. I could not get filled where I want to.
-
The numbers - Gross +6 net +2 shared traded 800.

No comments: