Marketgeometry

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday Trade Review 1/9/2008

How can you screw up such a big rally like the one we had today but I did. I needed to greatly increase the size of my stops today to keep on board during this decline then rally.
-
I was long the USD/CAD this morning and caught a nice move but screwed up my stop which cost me half my profits. Then I spent the rest of the day eating up those profits on badly timing YM trades. One day I hope I learn.
-
I did save some pride today. During the rally, I was buying stock left and right for my retirement. My retire account is divided into 2 accounts. Two thirds in an account I only have mutual funds in. That account is 95% long. My other account which I buy stocks in has 80% in cash. I got that down to 30% cash so I hope this is some type of bottom. I am expecting about a 4% move in the averages to relieve the over sold condition.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: none
Stocks Futures: gross -155 net -165 contracts 4
Other Futures: none
Forex: gross +155 net +143 contracts 5 minis
-
I got to think better when things are happening. I could have easily made the same stock buys in my day trading account as I did in my retirement account and be very happy right now but duh I didn't. I wish I knew why.
-
I was also so busy with the Loonie trade and watching the YM - it was a great day to short the Big Mouth stocks.