Marketgeometry

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Trade Review 1/31/2008

I got skunked today. Four trades and Four losses. I had 3 longs and one short. The short was the Big Mouth Name of the day TUP. Regardless what I would have done with that name - it would have been a loss.
-
If I had held on too the 3 longs to the end of the day, I would have doubled my profit for the month of January. Crap Crap Crap. I usually have a stop in but if the stock does not move with in 15 minutes and I hold a loss, I get rid of it. In all 3 cases, the stocks would have not hit my stop loss. Crap again.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -114 net -125 shares 2200
Stock Futures: none
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We've all been there my friend. Glad to see someone who actually posts his losers and think its a valuable lesson for us that the first step towards becoming a successful trader is taking responsibility for losses as you obviously do. Thanks for posting.

Dave