Marketgeometry

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday Trade Review 1/23/2008

I am pissed. I am sick and tired that every time we have big volume or volatility so many brokers have problems. Yesterday, I had a fill delayed for over 4 hours at Fido. TdAmeritrades Level II was out of sync with their charts which was out of sync with their Streamer. They say upgrade the Command Center. Every time I do that, it crashes my PC. The quotes from TD did not match at times with quotes from IB. IB charts for the 3rd day in a row stop updating midday with weird crap showing up on them. Even today, TS have never failed me, froze a couple of times. People ask me why I use a combination of 3 brokers to trade with and this is why. If one fails or has problems, I can switch to the others. But for the last few days, they have all sucked.
-
With these problems, it makes it hard to being aggressive - one of my main problems to begin with. I did do seven trades today.
-
First was AAPL that I bought in premarket. I thought I had a good place at 137.75. I thought there maybe selling on the open but I thought it would only be a couple of points. I got stopped out but I had only a few shares. I should have been adding instead and get a full position on.
-
Second was XLF. I put an order in and missed the move. I forget I put it in and it got filled 10 minutes later. I freaked because things did not look good and sold for a small profit. After I sold it, then it runs a full point.
-
Third just a stupid trade with no setup in CSCO. Small lose.
-
Forth - SDS trade. I got in way too late - small loss.
-
Fifth - MON trade. I shorted this and it fall quickly. I was up nearly two points when I put a 50 cent stop loss in. The stock quickly rallied and took out my stop.
-
Sixth - was buying a breakout in USB. The range before it broke out was 20 cents so I used a 20 cent stop. Stopped out and USB fell another 15 cents before a dollar move with the end of day rally.
-
Last - bought MOS in the melt up and took only a point out of it. The stock did not give me much reason to sell other than at times, I had no idea where it really was trading. This really pissed me off because it ran another 3 points.
-
All in all, I lost a total of 70 dollars, but I feel I should have made a 1000 today. Stupid me, stupid software.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -55 net -70 shares 1600
Stock Futures: none
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: