Marketgeometry

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Trading Review 1/17/2008

Buggers!! I tried shorting the big mouth stock - ADCT. I started shorting too early instead of waiting for the peak. Once it got to the its peak, I was about to my level of pain. The stock hit a high of 14.55, went back down to 14.35, then right back up to 14.55, where it stayed between 14.48 and 14.55 for about 4 minutes. I just sat on my hands trying to give the stock enough time to start working.
-
Finally it started dropping. I should have doubled my position and put a stop over 14.55. Once the stock started bouncing around my Breakeven point, I got out with a small loss. Later, it went under 14. If I had doubled my position and held, it would have been my best trade in months.
-
I do take a small victory from it. Normally I would have panicked out of the position near the top of the move only to be really pissed that I did. Other than that, I played around with XLF and XHB and SDS with nothing to speak of.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -38 net -51 shares 2300
Stock Futures: none
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: