Marketgeometry

Monday, July 9, 2007

A very important lesson 7/9/2007

I am tired today so I am not going to post any charts, but I picked a bunch of bad trades today and lost a big 41 cents. Yes, I said a very big 41 cents. I have had a 3 day losing streak. The first one in a while. I traded stupidly on Thursday last week when I was just getting back from vacation and very jet-lagged. Not good. Friday I had some great setups but just failed to put it together. Today, the trades I made were not good and I had to work hard to break even.
-
The point to all of this is I have had a bad couple of days but with proper cash management and not adding to losing positions and not trying to revenge trade, I lost a grand total of $100. On my good days, I make $300 to $700 dollars. You got to protect your capital to make sure when you do trade badly you have a chance to play another day. A very very important lesson for traders to learn.
-
The numbers - Gross+52 net -0.41 shares traded 5400

No comments: