Marketgeometry

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mental Problem 7/12/2007

I try keeping a list of mental trading problems. I already have a long enough list of just pure mental problems. Something that caught me by surprise is dealing with heat (trade going against you) on a winning trade. Many times you can not pick the top or bottom of a move or get in just right. I really wanted to push my EMC trade today and get short 5000 shares hoping for a gain of 15 to 20 cents. Once I felt the heat, I just could not react and instead of sitting on my hands for a decent profit as soon as I could get out at even, I started to. I was short 3000 shares at a cost of 19.46. I should have been short 5000 shares at a cost of 19.50. The stock dropped soon after I shorted to a low of 19.35 - my 15 cents. If I sat on this trade during the whole day, EMC caved even another 20 cents.
-
So I seem to be wired to find it easier to make $200 on a 1000 shares with no heat than if I was short 5000 shares with $500 of heat that turns into a $1500 gain. Sad So Sad. Got to fix that.

1 comment:

JJ2000426 said...

SWC had a very nice rally today. This is a great entry for this incredible bullish stock. It can be compared to PCU 4 years ago. Both return 2000% (20 folds) in just 4 years. I have made a very strong case for SWC super bull. Do your own DD on palladium.

Look at this perfect chart

Google keyword "palla lunar" (one word no space). And follow the Russian enigma!