Marketgeometry

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

F-ing Panic Again 7/24/2007


I continue to be painfully stupid. I am like a little baby mouse and the market is this big cat. An example of this is SNDK today. I wanted to short in the 57.50 t0 57.75 area. I had a beautiful opp to do that around 8:30 and again just before the open and right after the open. I wanted to be short 1000 shares and to do it in two pieces. I missed the pop just before the open - 9:28:00 so I shorted 500 at 57 even a minute later. Not expecting too much of a pop, right after the open it ran to 57.70 quickly in three minutes. I could see it running out of stream but my brain went into panic mode - time to cover. I said to myself - hold on for a minute. It looks to be dropping. It dropped nearly as fast as it rose pausing at 57.00 so I covered. Thank God - A break even trade as I watched it drop fairly quickly to under 56. I should have shorted the second 500 bunch at 57.50 for a cost of 57.25 and easily made a point or so. Idiot. It is only money - right? I wish I could think in terms of it being play money or chips.
-
On a other note - MT at DayTradeAdvisors.com was on fire today. All trades went for profits today. He had stock, stock index, forex and option trades today. Green across the broad. He scares me. On the "I have my thumb up my A$$ " award - I got to see a couple of his trades today and like a dummy I did not follow along on all the trades.
-
The numbers-
Stocks: Gross -8 net -10 shares traded 1000
Stock Indexes: Gross +100 Net +90 contracts 2 (should have been +300 if I followed MT)
Forex: None

No comments: