Marketgeometry

Friday, July 6, 2007

A day of frustrations 7/6/2007


A lot of frustration for me today. Today could of been and should have been a great day for me. The charts above are two examples. The first one is INFY. Gary in the DehTrader chat room called the setup on this one. I filled out the order and started looking at other charts. Quickly I saw it move thru my buy market stop. Looking for my fills I found none. WTF??? Then I noticed I had not hit the enter key on the order. Talk about a bonehead move.
-
The second chart shows CRDN - a big month stock. I was looking to short it and there was no pop at the open. Many times if there is no open pop, I look to get long at the first sign of strength. The first little circle is the breakout of the morning range. I went long and it fell back into the range. It hit my stop. I nearly went short when it broke the bottom of the range but I thought the market would rally. Then to add insult to injury, I did not place my long order again when it broke out and ran a buck in less than 15 minutes.
-
I had a couple other situations like this today like holding on to a stock to got worried and scratch the trade just before it moves 50 cents in your favor.
-
The numbers - Gross -62 net -77 shares trade 3000

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. How are you able to work a day job and day trade at the same time?

Denarii said...

John -

I trade from 8 (premarket) to about 11 then I work as long as it takes to get the job done. I have a very good boss. I have saved his tale many of times and so he allows me great flexiability with my job as long as I get it done.