Marketgeometry

Monday, July 23, 2007

Frustration again 7/23/2007





Words from a Pink Floyd song rang threw my head - "If you don't eat your meat - you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your Meat!" Translated - "If you don't enter a trade - How can you make any money. How can you make any money, if you don't enter the trade!!!!!"
-
Four Big Mouth stocks and this is how they should have been played.
-
First TSRA - short on premarket popped at 43.95, stop at 44.40. Quickly after open stop moved down to 43.90 and stopped out (break even). Later at 10:30 go long for a gain.
-
Second GLW - go short on open 27.10, stop at 27.40. Follow stock down for a nice gain. No Heat.
-
Third TOT - go short on open 83.05, stop at 83.75. After open moved stop down and get stopped out for a break even trade. Later around 83.05 go long for a half point gain.
-
Forth CY - go short get stopped for break even. Go long and get stopped for break even.
-
So you play TO and TSRA with 1000 shares and CY and GLW with 2000 shares. Net in my mind should be about $1700.
-
I on the other hand only got the TSRA trade filled at 43.95 and made $25. I tried getting short CY at 25.70 on a opening pop but it never happened. So dummy me. I did not get any of MT's trades off (all small winners this morning) and I screwed up one of Gary's trades with a stop too close. On top of that I played one of my steel scalps and and lost. If fact lost bigger than I should because for a moment I forget to put my stop in.
-
The numbers:
Stocks - Gross +54.50 Net +39.50 shares traded 3000
Stock Futures - none
Forex - none
-

No comments: