Marketgeometry

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tuesday Trade Review 4/8/2008

I continue to dig the hole this month. I had two trades today that really screwed my day up. I bought V on at buy stop over 67 early this morning looking for some follow threw. I got none. In fact, it dropped very quickly after the buy. going past where my stop should have been. I try getting cute with selling the position but somehow I sold it twice. I find myself short with the stock now going up so I covered. My lost should have been around $80 instead it ends up being $160.
-
To make matters worse, I some small profits on my futures trading going into the Fed notes at 2 pm. From the reaction to the notes, I thought we would have a good chance to break the lows of the day. I got a little too aggressive and ate up all my future trading profits and turned them into losses.
-
This was just a bad day for my style and every time I force something - that was a stupid mistake.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -123 nets -135 shares 2600
Stock Futures: gross -55 net -70 contracts 6
Forex: none

No comments: