Marketgeometry

Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Trade Review 4/21/2008



A lot of traders are frustrated with this market and I am too. I was able to make a little from FDG but the way it goes up and down made it too hard to hold for my stomach. I then turned to the steels and lost some money there. I was going to have lunch with someone so I cut my morning short. Lunch then lasted a long time and once I got back I had computers problems. I was not up and running again until 2:30.
-
There I play lets scare the stock game. Say a stock is trading bid/ask of 45/50 so I place an order at 47. At that second it moves to 49-54 so I place the order at 50 and then the bid/ask moves to 51/55. I play this game with 3 stocks and never got filed. So I got mad and on the next one the bid/ask was 64/67 so I place an order at 69 assuming I would get filled at 67. No luck the bid/ask went to 69/72. I said fuck it and that was the end of my day. I just wonder where I would get filled with market orders on these. And these are stocks that trade a million or two a day - not something like 100k. This is how slow the market is.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross + 47 net +39 shares 1600
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: