Marketgeometry

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mystery solved

Over on the DT site, there are many stories of the common ups and downs of life. I never laughed so hard to his story of a crazy morning that ended with his 2 year old taking a dump on the kitchen floor. Here is one of my stories. I changed the names to protect the innocent.
-
(smart-ass-daughter - calling on a cell phone) Hey Dad.
(dumb-ass-father) Hey kiddo.
(smart-ass-daughter) so what is the deal about visiting? (dad was to call daughter about when daughter could visit and transportation details)
(dumb-ass-father) I gave you a long voice mail on it yesterday afternoon.
(smart-ass-daughter) I did not get a message from you.
(dumb-ass-father) I called you about 3:13 and about 10pm the night before. (looking at his dialed list on the cell phone)
(smart-ass-daughter) I got no messages from at all. (looking at her call list)
(dumb-ass-father getting very frustrated) Well, I called you. In fact, I try calling you about 4 times a months every month since you got out of college.
(smart-ass-daughter) I think you have only called me once or twice since I got my my phone in September. What number did you call?
(dumb-ass-father) XXX-XXX-XXXX
(smart-ass-daughter) that is my old phone from the phone my old boyfriend gave me. He must have not disconnected the number.
(dumb-ass-father seeing he had the new in his phone book but the speed dial was still set to the old number) shit!

1 comment:

Dinosaur Trader said...

I don't look forward to the days when my daughter's boyfriends are buying her cell phones...

However, I imagine many posts will be written about it when it does happen.

-DT