Marketgeometry

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mid Day Thoughts 12/05/2007

This is a big chart so click on it to see the details. It is a chart of the YM's with my buy/sell signals on it. There was a great one just before the Open and the rest of them would have been difficult to play. You still could have made good money if you were fast. Since I downloaded this chart - there has been two sell signals. Both of them should have netted +15 points each but it is very hard to short this strong market. I did take the break out trade for +21 YM points.
-
On other notes - my first swing currency trade was a loser (-200) and my only stock day trade was too (-50). My stop was 25 cents and if it was my original idea of 40 cents, I would still be in it. I also sold my XLF swing in my retirement account like a dummy. At the beginning of the day, it was dropping too fast so I put in a stop not to give all the profits away.
-
Remember, if we close on better volume, the IBD nuts will be screaming about a follow thru day.

No comments: