Marketgeometry

Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Morning Thoughts 12/14/2007

I do not know if it is because I am posting more charts, looking at a bunch of other blogs or the fact I have been having a mental market melt down but my readership hit a new high yesterday. Like I stated before, I have so many good ideas but I act on so few and when I do seldom do I follow the plan until the end.
-
I usually do not act on news stories in the middle of the day but I tried shorting JBLU. I was late to the game but I thought it would continue to drop. A course I short just seconds before CNBC decided to talk about the story. While they talk the stock started rallying again and I got out. I should have considered it a gift and shorted more. Than when it started breaking down again, I shorted again. I made my loss back and a few more dollars but some bad ticks happened while watching it, so I covered again just to watch it drop another 75 cents from the place I got out. Again I was watching too close. Again I had no plan. Again I had no idea what I was doing other than acting on a gut idea. No confidence - easily scared out. Crap.
-
I do have a plan with Big Mouth stocks. I do have a plan with YMs. I do have a plan with Currencies. Do I trade those plans much? - no. I spend the day haunting around stocks I know looking for chart patterns and once in a while react to a bloggers suggestion. Dummy.
-
I need to see a market shrink. I wonder if I can find one that makes house calls.

No comments: