Marketgeometry

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Friday Trade Review "How to blow your month in one stock" 5/29/2009

I have no idea how to talk about my Friday trading. I traded VMC aggressively as a big mouth stock even thou it barely fit my specs for one. I loaded up on the short too quickly for not knowing the stock and the price it is trading at. The I get pissed and threw some more trades at it and by the end of the trading day killed my month.
-
Much earlier in the month I had been up $2000 and with what I made near the end of last month, suddenly I had dreams of making 4k a month. The last 7 trading days killed me with a combined loss of $1800.
-
The stupid thing is I must have had the opportunity to make over $500 on ten trades which I planned but did not take or I bailed too soon. I just fell apart at the end of the month like I have recently.
-
I need to get off my ass dusk the dirt off after being hit by that train and remember the good trades I have recently made and the trades I should have made and stop being a wimp.
-
My brain was all over the place these last few days. I did not know how to write about Friday. My daughter had her 24th birthday on Saturday and it was the first time in years I could see her on her birthday. That was great but on the way home (4 hour drive), my wife said I could buy her a dress with my recent profits. She has no clue on my trading or how I think about it she did not know how much I had lost on Friday. In simple terms, I went postal. No matter what I tell her. No matter how I explain things - I always feel like she thinks I am playing video games or something. The crazy thing is she swing trades stocks and at times does very well.
-
Women.
The numbers:
Stocks; gross -1063 net -1088 shares 5000
Stock Futures: gross 0 net -19 contract 8
Forex: none

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss man.

Traderey

Jules said...

Denarii,
Don Miller's best year was also the year he took a 90k (if I remember correctly)loss in a single day. In fact, earlier this year, when he was having winning days everyday, he took it as a sign that he needed to step things up a notch.
You're getting more aggressive, and that's not entirely bad. Am sure you'll soon find your balance.