Marketgeometry

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday Trade Review 5/8/2008

I am tired - very tired. Everybody can laugh at this but based on medical test results from a couple of days ago my doctors are messing with my meds again. It is a never ending battle it seems. You mess with A then B goes crazy. You adjust B then C goes crazy. Adjust C and A goes crazy. Lots of funny for me. The best thing is these drugs are not because I am sick. It is amazing feeling well this long. That is really weird to say.
-
I traded ok today. Left a lot of money on the table. Did not get the proper share size on about half my trades. I put two trades that would have made me good money +200 on each. I did pull 3 other trades that would have never have been hit.
-
I know I whine a lot but me process is slow. Reviewing my trading and having so other traders get on my case, I tried to access where I am.
-
So: my trade size is up and getting closer to where I want it be to be. I would say it is about 2/3s of the way there. I want to trade the Big mouth stocks with 500 to 1000 a piece. The slower moving ones 2000 shares.
-
I want to get myself mentally ok with the idea I can lose $500 on a trade. I seems to be stuck at $150 right now. Generally, I am wrong if the stock goes against me for 30 cents. Too many times, if the stock goes a little in my favor then goes red on me, I am out.
-
Most of my trades I am looking for a move of 50 cents or a profit of $250 to $500 on a trade where you get a runner every so often for a lot more. Too many times when I stock gave me a profit of $100 I was looking for the door. On the other hand, this is a lot better because I would be getting out of stocks after $30 gain in January too many times.
-
Both with gains and losses, I need to sit on my hands longer. I am getting better at this but I would rate myself a 3.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. In January, I would rate myself a 2 and last year barely a 1.
-
A week ago, I bitch about leave so much money on the table. This is where I also have improved. In the fall of last year, I was making trades but I could have held on to them until the cows come home and I would not make money. Now a lot of my trade ideas do work and I think I would be close to meeting my goals if I just put the trades on.
-
I have learned a lot just by watching the screens. I have learned a lot from all the bloggers and books and expos out there. The most important thing I have learned is you can't copy anyone. It just does not work. I tried that last year for a while and it keeps you from growing. You can learn a lot from other but you must put it together in your head in a way that makes sense to you and only you.
-
So if this sounds like an endless mind dump or just a dump or it does not make sense, f-it. I will just blame the drugs.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +118 net +84 shares 6200
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: