Marketgeometry

Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Trade Review 5/19/2008


So I decided to do something different today and review my current trading problems. I am doing okay on the number of trades per day. I want it to be around 8 to 10 a day and it is. I want my share size to be where if a stock goes where I think it should, I will make $250 or so. I still am a little light at times but getting much better. I do not want to chase stocks. I seldom do this any more.
-
I have one chart of my current major trading problems. One - I get scared out of a position. I think I had this problem since I was born. Two - bad stop placement. This is kind of a different version of problem one. The last is where I spend a ton of energy on a trade that is going to net me little.
-
Look at the charts and leave your comments if you have any.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +111 net +78 shares 6400
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none



1 comment:

Unknown said...

on you AGU trade, when it went under 87.50, you placed a stop only .3% above your berak level. Don't you think that is a little tight in these volatile markets? Wouldn't it have made more sense to put your stop above the support you were wait for AGU to break (88.05ish). That way, it would have to get through the resistence at 88.05. I would of had my original stop at around 88.20 or so.

Usually, I don't move my stop until I have a higher low (on longs) or a lower high on shorts. If you had waited until the lower high, you would have seen that jump and then you could have moved the stop down. Seems you need to figure out the proper locations for stops. Right below resistence (on shorts) is not the right place.