Marketgeometry

Saturday, May 10, 2008

April Monthly Numbers

My April monthly numbers:
-
Wins: 53 Losses: 45
Avg Win: 33.60 Avg Loss: -40.24
Gross Trading: 30.00
Commissions: -356.16
Net Trading: -386.16
Biggest Win: 145.00 Biggest Loss: -275.00
Data Fees: -87.00
Interest: 229.90
Account Net: -243.28
-
So I continue on my slow bleed. I have had 3 losing months in a row but adding them together equals one good trade. Bottom line is my trading is stuck in neutral.
-
The one surprising thing that sticks in my head looking at the numbers - I can remember 4 bad or painful trades during the month but I can't remember any good ones.
-
I tried playing AAPL during after hours earnings. I made the right decision but freaked on the trade losing $300 when I should have made $500. Early in the month when I was not feeling well - I decided to by the XLF - thought I typed 200 shares but instead 2000. I left it for a couple of minutes then it fell fast. I should have never been trading that day. I bought V on a break out and two seconds later it dives 70 cents. And finally, I shorted RIMM on a break down. Made nice money but when I covered, I covered with an extra 10 shares. I did not notice that and Rimm continue going down taking my profit with it. All in all that totaled about $1500 worth of screw ups by me not to even begin to count the 100's of minor ones I do all the time. It is just the big ones hurt.

No comments: