Marketgeometry

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

When should one trade? 3/5/2008

I am at a lost with this. I have talked it over with many friends and bloggers. For some reason, I have been sick a lot since Thanksgiving. I thought being away from people (I trade in my basement), I would not get as sick as often. It seems to have worked the other way around. I recently went through all my trading days and found I make money about 60% of the days I feel physical well and only about 30% of the days I feel physical sick. It would seem like it would best to take those days off but at times that would kill 2 weeks at a pop. I do not know.
-
A second thing is I had to adjust one of my medications back in early January. The doctor decided instead to change which one I was taking. There would be a few side effects. Seven weeks later I am just starting to feel normal. My blood pressure went too high along with my heart beat. My sleep became crazy and my moods where all over the place. Just when my blood pressure became normal, it decided to drop suddenly and was too low for little more than a week. If I told off the majority of days I did not feel normal, I would have taken off 5 out of the last 7 weeks. Add in being sick - maybe I should have not traded for the last 7 weeks.
-
A third thing is I find even before the above two items, my moods can be all over the board for many reasons. If I had a trade day that was very frustrating, I may be stupid allow myself be affected by it the next day. I know totally that this is stupid and will not lead to success. Sometimes I have a bad day and then the next day I get out of my mood quickly. I even have the problem sometimes if I have a really good day, then I get too crazy the next day.
-
Bottom line is - I write this blog mainly for myself. I know I need to get more control over my emotions. I am never stating I am blaming my trading results on my mental or physical wellness. I just write down what I feel and think and how I feel sometimes - period.
-
Comments anyone?

No comments: