Marketgeometry

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I hate getting old.

I will be 48 years old soon. I have mentioned Racket Ball here before. I love playing the game. It keeps me from going postal. Years ago I could play 5 or 6 matches and still walk the next day. Now I play 2 or 3 matches and I need a host of drugs to function.
-
This winter league has been a PITA. Out of the 7 people in this league, 6 could win it. This time around there was two teenagers in the league. The fall league was the first time we ever had someone under 25 let alone a teenager.
-
Let me tell you they are a pain to play. They run around like mad man never getting tired. I play one last night. During the breaks between games, I was being told by people that I did not look well and I needed water and rest.
-
I started off with a 7-2 score in the first game but failed and lost 15.9. In the second game, my serve came back and my young oppunent screwed up more than I ever saw him do in one game. After getting up 14-0, he tried rally and rally hard. I finally won 15-6 feeling like the game took days instead of 30 minutes. I started giving up in the last game being out of energy but he made an error or two and I was able to tie it at 9-9 after doing down 9-2. He then finally won what we call the tie breaker 11-9. The last couple of points in the game my body began to shake where I thought I might throw up.
-
The bottom line by winning the one game, I score enough points to make it into the playoffs like I have done every year for the last 6. That is the good news. The bad news is I am fourth seed in the playoffs so guess what, I play the number one seed - the fricking kid I just played. I pray to God I survive.
-
I hate getting old.

1 comment:

Bluedog said...

Denarii,

Use your "old man tricks" and unleash the balls of fury on that poor chap!! ;)

-BD