Marketgeometry

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday Trade Review 3/4/2008

I just could not find entry points in this market today - so much up and down with no resting. So many times when something broke out or broke down, there would be no follow threw. I did not trust anything. I only know a hand full of traders that made good money today and there seem to be a lot of traders with blood on their hands.
-
I only made 3 trades today and one was a fat finger. And I missed a couple of good trades today. It has cost me a lot recently by trying to get a certain price. I missed two trades in YMs by 2 and 3 ticks trying to time pull backs. One went for 25 ticks and the other 70 ticks. I missed going long the EURO by 8 pips and that sucker has run 90 pips since.
-
I have always been a big question of mine - market order or limit order. I always use a market order when I am getting out of a trade but 90% of the time, I use a limit order to get in a trade or sometimes a buy/sell stop order. I just do not know what the best way to do things is.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -31 net -36 shares 800
Stocks Futures: gross +20 net +15 contracts 2
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: