Marketgeometry

Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Trade Review 3/24/2008


Both charts are of AKS - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I tried going long this morning. In fact before the trade on the chart, I made one attempt to go long before that trade. I followed my play and got out on the fast retreat the stock had. I wish it had a little more of a gain before it retreated. I might have held it longer. I got out with a small gain.
-
The second chart is my short trade. I was waiting for short opportunities in the afternoon. I saw the setup in AKS at 54.10 but failed to act fast enough. I had a bunch of opportunities in front of me but did not do anything. I then saw the next short setup at 53.75 and got filled at 53.70. I did not like how fast AKS rebounded so I covered instead of adding to the position. I pick the top of the move back only to watch AKS sink close to 53.00 soon after.
-
The sad thing is if I took my first shot at the short. I would have had a good day (and break my daily profit goal) - instead I had a breakeven day and feel stupid. To add to take, I had another trade I cut short that could have turned out a lot better.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +20 net +8 shares +2400
Stock futures: none
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: