Marketgeometry

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday Trade Review 3/18/2008

I am frustrated with my trading. Before you jump all over me, I am now frustrated from leaving too much money on the table instead of being frustrated for not taking trades. The chart above is of MT. I had the opportunity to make 500 or more and only took 100.
-
There was a lot of craziness today. I saw a stock RIO at 32.74 and I placed a short order in. The market was bouncing around fast but this stock trades a lot of shares with a penny spread. I got filled at 32.68. In minutes, I was up a 100 and placed a stop at 32.60. I saw on my screen quotes first pop up to 32.58 then back down to 32.54. Next my shares disappeared. I guess my quotes where about 4 to 6 cents off of the action. Not good to trade that way.
-
I still need to be more aggressive but I have had 3 plus 100 days in a row. I am getting better.
-
The numbers:
Stocks:
Stock Futures: gross +124 net +106 shares 3200
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

2 comments:

Bluedog said...

Yeah, there was lots of potential in that trade. It's always easier to see in hindsight, but maybe next time keep an eye on SMA 20 and wait until it's breached before selling. It pretty much tracked above the 20 most of the way up. Still, it's good to be green. :)

-BD

Anything-Goes said...

I think it's good to take something then not take anything.. but always.. we are human.. present step is never enough.. always the next one. hehe..