Marketgeometry

Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Trade Review 2/25/2008

Crazy day with that rally out of left field. I had shorted the market seconds before and I had not put in my stop loss order yet. Very painful. I was putting in an 8 point reverse stop but as I typed it in, the market had exploded so instead of taking a small short loss and making tons of money on the long side, I was in pain. It took me a few second to get the order in to get me out. Not funny.
-
I then became crazy and started firing off trades left and right with very little reason. At my low point, I was down about $400 and ended off only $150 when the dust settled. I had been down about $175 after my screwed up stop.
-
All of this happened after getting a late start to the day because I had a doctor's appointment. I did not start trading until nearly noon.
-
I am looking forward to the fact the Big Mouth is back in town and will provide stock picks for me.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +3 net -12, shares 3000
Stock Futures: gross -100 net -135 contracts 16 (a high for me I think)
Other Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: