Marketgeometry

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I need to Whine 2/21/2008


Above are the charts of a trade I tried doing. I had a sell stop of AKS at 49.29. The stock was just about to break 49.30 when I placed the order in. There was a big buyer at 49.31. I assumed another would show at 49.30 so to short under 49.30. At the same time I placed the order, the stock broke 49.30 and I thought I should be filled right away. No I was not. Then the stock popped up to 49.34 and dropped back down and then I thought I should be filled. No I was not. I canceled figuring something was wrong in the order or my platform or what ever. Then the stock fell hard.
-
I called my broker to find out why no fill. They basically said I was seeing things and my order was only in for 15 seconds. I really felt my order was in for at least a minutes and could have been easily filled. The broker did not move at all and said it must have been a problem with my computer. Fun.

No comments: