Marketgeometry

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Trade Review 6/10/2008


Not a good day with two bad trades and then chickening out of 4 trades that could have been good. The two bad trades are above. I am really surprised when JRCC jumped down 33 cents in a second and did not recover. I later looked at the time stamps and found it was on 100 shares - amazing.
-
The RIO trade hurt. I shorted it and had a 10 cent gain so I set the stop at 35.09. Then I decided to just try to get out at break even but only filled 100 out of 500 shares. I should have just made it a market order to get out but no. I then canceled the stop order instead of modifying the order size. RIO started running and I finally got out. It I had done the right thing first, the lost would be $15 or $20. I turned it into a $125 loss.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross -125 net -151 shares 7000
Stocks Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: