Marketgeometry

Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Mental Thursday - 05/10/2007



Life is being a really PITA when it comes to my trading. It is very hard to concentrate on trading when things are going crazy around you.
-
I thought one of the big mouth stocks looked really good for shorting. I was not going to make the same mistake and try shorting in premarket a popular stock at a 52 week high. I waited until the open. Everything worked to plan except following the plan. I got short on the first pop right after the open. When the stock moved down quickly, I moved my stop down quickly - too quickly and was taken out on the second move up right after the open. I never got back in and you can see the results. DT hit it much better and you can get the details at his Blog Site.
-
Life then cut my trading day short.
-
The stupid numbers - Gross +8, net - 4, shares traded 2400

1 comment:

Dinosaur Trader said...

Thanks for the props. Unfortunately, I got killed today. That's what I get for shorting fertilizer.

(sigh....)