Marketgeometry

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A very expensive Shower - 5/1/2007


I always have this fear of blowing it at the end of the month, so instead I waited a day and decided to do something stupid the first day of a new month. In the pre-premarket, ACUS was moving after having some Phase III results confirmed. It look like it was going to run like crazy. It seemed to pause between 5 and 5.50 so for a moment I felt lucky that a could buy a few shares at 5 even. It broke 5 quickly and bounced back. I tried to sell at 4.93 then 4.90 then 4.85 with no luck chasing bids. I thought it had found a bottom at 4.40 so I thought to take a quick shower and have a chance at rounding out my position before the 8 AM bounce. I did not put in a stop loss order because the bid-ask spread was so big. When I got back from my shower, the stock had dropped nearly a point in 10 minutes. OK - we will still get some type of bounce at 8 AM I thought. It came and went - only a 60 second bounce before it started falling again. I got out. I only had 200 shares but over a $300 loss. Stupid Stupid Stupid. I should have never allowed that to happen and that is the first time in a long time I left my PC without a stop in a very long time and did I pay the price. Thank God I had a very small position on. A normal size position would have been 2k to 3k in size.
-
The rest of the day I decided to go back to my old problems of the past. I started buying breakouts on a thought day where most of them were failing. If I bought pull backs, I think I would have been in the green even with my stupid mistake.
-
The numbers - Gross -335.50, net - 355.50 shares traded 4000

No comments: