Marketgeometry

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Lesson Time - A trading Dairy - I mean Diary

Over the years of trading, I heard so many times it is good to have a trading diary. I hate writing and/or typing. I am so bad when it comes to writing and spelling I feel like I have no first language (maybe charts could be) even that I have lived in the US all my life. Regardless, I know the importance of learning from your mistakes (and victories). Each night I print out 3 to 10 daily charts of stocks I either traded or tried trading and write notes all over them. I have the date/time of the places of trades or missed trades marks and a summary of either the idea and/or feelings about the trade or the market at the time. I have a 3-ring binder that is huge and must have 1000 charts in it. About every 2 or 3 weeks, I take an hour or so and go thru the entire book page by page looking at my victories and defeats, trying to learn something new each time. I find this method less painful of a way to do what I think is a great tool of learning - a trading diary.

No comments: