Marketgeometry

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Good Trade/Bay Day 5/18/2007


I finally had a trade I could be proud of this week. The big mouth pushed CY Thursday night and it popped a lot in afterhours. I was hopping to get short about 21.75 and Mr Market allowed me to do that. I go filled at 21.73 and 21.79 and sat on my position for most the morning. As to plan with big mouth stocks, I covered near the open at 21.60. Not a lot of money but the plan was followed. I then looked to get long which there was no more breaking of the stock. I started to see a large selling in the market at the time of the open. There was no open pop and my attempt to short went unfilled.
-
I could have made more by holding thru the open but that was not the plan. I felt good finally executing a trade the way I should have - start to finish.
-
It then was too bad I chased two other trades and totally f-ed them off and ended the day with a small gain. Enough to buy a happy meal.
-
The numbers - Gross +27.50, Net +7.50, shared traded 4000
-
On a side note, there has been a lot of chaos in my life the last few weeks. I am hoping by the June starts, my life will be back to normal and I can truly think about stocks and trading again.

No comments: