Marketgeometry

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Danger Will Robinson Danger - 4/26/2007

As a very young (but old) daytrader, I have used every excuse not to being properly ready for the trading day - over sleeping, messy desk, just don't feel right, the office call, the wife needed something and so forth. In other words, not being totally disciplined. So under the "dog ate my homework" category - I had a new today. Soon after finishing a trade right after the opening, one of my computers light up like a Christmas tree with warning signs from my Anti-virus software stating my PC was infected. I pulled the plug on my Internet connection and spent the next two hours cleaning my computer and then stating "screw it" - I am done for the day.
-
I did play around with AAPL in the premarket and lost a few dollars. I can never get AAPL right so I just should stay away. In fact, the AAPL trade was just a pure dumb one to begin with. No real plan. Nothing else setup until the opening. Had a nice short in CAKE but as I have done so many times before I leave a lot of money on the table. It is frustrating. I only trade about a third of the setups or planned trades I see/have and only hold about a quarter of them long enough. If I do not chance those two facts, I will never be successful in this business.
-
The numbers - gross +90 net +73 and shares traded 1400.

No comments: