Marketgeometry

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday Trade Review - the insane edition - 6/25/2009


I made some money in stocks today only to lose it in Gold futures. One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I sit on my hands when I am in a trade that is break even. I sit on my hands for a lot of trades that I lose at. Why do I never sit on my hands during winning trades? As soon as I start winning on a trade - I need to set a timer and not touch the key broad until the timer goes off.
-
To my defense - I do sit on big mouth stocks a lot better than I do other trades. I have stats that tell me I should win shorting big mouth stocks but I do not have stats stating my other trades will be winners. I do review my trades and it should be painful if I sat on all my trades 5 minutes longer - I would be making more money most of the time.
-
I need to stop chasing parked cars too.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +185 net +172 shares 2600
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none
Other Futures: gross -160 net -165 contracts 2
-
One thing is I look at - I know of a lot of trading friends who trade 25,000 a day or more. Now I made $172 on only 2600 shares. If I multiple my winnings by 10 or $1720 - I would be very happy.

No comments: