Marketgeometry

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday Trade Review 8/20/2008

A crazy day for me because of my mistakes. I shorted RIO after it broke the first bar of the day. Then I added two more orders as sell stops below the market but instead they were limits instead. Suddenly I was short a lot more shares than I expected. Need to change the stop order. A course I fucked that up too. Instead of just changing the share amount, I deleted the order and was going to enter a new. Why? - I have no idea. So RIO blows thru the stop area before I get the order in and I was looking at a $400 loss less than 10 minutes into the day. What do I buy? Short some more shares. Stupid and then I got my stop in. I cover here and there and here. Short some more and cover some more. After that stupidity, I made a couple of more trades and got back in black and hardly traded in the afternoon. Broker very happy.
-
The only thing I take out of this day is I did not fold my tent after the first ten minutes and go home.
-
The numbers:
Stocks: gross +77 net +19 shares 11,600
Stock Futures: none
Forex: none

No comments: