Marketgeometry

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Currency Markets

EUR/USD - Euro
AUD/USD - Aussie Dollar
GBP/USD - British Pound
USD/CAD - Canadian Dollar
USD/JPY - Yen
USD/CHF - Swiss Franc
This is one of my most painful posts I have ever written. The last time I posted an entry about the currencies, I was so excited feeling that I timed my post at the perfect moment. In that post, I thought the US Dollar was just about ready for its next leg down. Five of the Six major currencies had trade setups I like. This was the most since last year.
-
Boy was I wrong. The US Dollar was had a massive run 2 and 1/2 week against everything. Now I do not know for certain, but this could be a major turn in the Dollar for the next couple of months or even years. I hope so. I want to go to Europe some time soon.
-
The mode is now to look for retracements of this run to get long the Dollar. This could put pressure on US Stocks that get the bulk of their earnings from overseas and Oil's rise has also been blame partially on the Dollars fall. This could change. Who knows- maybe all we have to do is get those tire gauges and pumps and the energy crisis will be solved.

No comments: